Consumer Limited Warranty for Kumho & Marshal Brand Passenger & Light Truck Tires
I. WHAT IS WARRANTED AND WHO IS ELIGIBLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY
Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. 10299 6th Street, Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730, warrants to the original consumer purchaser that all Kumho replacement radial tires, either directly or through an authorized Kumho dealer, and which are mounted on cars within the U.S.A. and becomes unserviceable for any reason within the manufacturer's control, will be replaced with an equivalent Kumho tire.
What is covered by the Warranty and for how long
The life of the original usable tread has worn down to 2/32" remaining (worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves), before 72 months from the date of manufacture or purchase date supported with proof of purchase for every passenger and light truck tire (whichever comes first), and before 5 years from the date of manufacture for commercial truck tires (whichever comes first), any new tire manufactured by Kumho Tire Co., Inc. covered by this warranty becomes unserviceable due to a material or workmanship condition, Kumho will do either of the following:
A. During the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such tire with a comparable new Kumho or Marshal tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing service are payable by the owner.
B. After the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, a credit will be given toward the purchase of a comparable new Kumho or Marshal tire to the original usable tread of the new tire. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing service are payable by the owner.
To obtain the credit percentage, please refer to the Adjustment Credit Percentage Table or utilize the following example:
- R.T.D.: Remaining Tread Depth
- O.T.D.: Original Tread Depth
C. Temporary Spare Tire
During the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such temporary tire with a comparable new Kumho temporary tire free of charge. After the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, but less than 2/32", a credit of 50% toward a comparable new Kumho temporary tire will be given.
Applicable taxes and costs of mounting and balancing services are payable by the owner.
D. Adjustment on ride complaint or out-of-round is allowed only during the first 2/32" of the original tread depth.
The authorized Kumho or Marshal dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current Kumho or Marshal dealer's price list effective at the time of adjustment.
What is not covered by the Warranty
A. This limited warranty is applicable only in the United States, and any tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside the U.S. are not covered by this warranty.
B. Tires branded or marked "Non-Adjustable (NA), or Blemished (Blem), or DOT/serial numbers previously cut will not be adjusted.
C. Any tire worn beyond the wear bars (less than 2/32" remaining tread).
D. The cost of application taxes and mounting and balance service.
E. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
- Road hazard, including puncture, cut, impact break, bulge, snap, stone drill, collision.
- Continued use while run flat or under acute under-inflation.
- Improper use or operation, without limitation; improper inflation pressure; overloading; use of an improper rim; tire/wheel assembly imbalance or other vehicle condition; worn suspension components; improper mounting or de-mounting; misuse; misapplication; fire or other externally generated heat; water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting; tire alteration; racing or competition purposes; improper inserting of sealant, balance or filler materials.
- Improper repair, or with repairs not conforming to the Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only.
- Failure to rotate the tire at least every 5,000 miles as evidenced by Kumho's Mileage Warranty/Tire Rotation Card, or vehicle misalignment.
- Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire).
F. Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years from the date of the manufacture.
G. Tires that have been recapped or retreaded or regrooved.
H. Ride disturbance (out-of-round, vibration, pulling, etc.) claims submitted after the first 2/32" of tread wear.
I. Loss of time, or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damage.
J. Tires that have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change its appearance.
K. Tires unserviceability caused by the tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers' specifications and recommendations.
L. Tires that are misapplied due to insufficient speed rating, or undersized or oversized tires.
M. Tires that have become unserviceable because of chemical corrosion, vandalism, chains and flat spotting.
N. Tires involved in any racing-related activities.
O. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
In order to be eligible for Kumho's limited warranty service, the owner must:
A. Present the tire to any authorized Kumho dealer.
B. Complete and sign a Kumho warranty claim form, which is available at any authorized dealer.
C. Pay the amounts due on a new tire, less the amount of credit, including taxes, mounting and balancing charges or the cost of other services ordered.
To locate an authorized Kumho/Marshal dealer, look in the yellow pages under Tire Dealer, use our web address www.kumhotireusa.com and refer to the Kumho Dealer Directory, or call 800-HI-KUMHO (445-8646).
This limited warranty gives the owner of Kumho tires specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
II. LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY
|For Passenger Radial Tires
|Ecsta 4X||40,000 miles|
|Ecowing KH30||60,000 miles|
|Ecsta LX Platinum||60,000 miles|
|Ecsta ASX||30,000 miles|
|Solus KH16||60,000 miles|
|Solus KR21||85,000 miles|
|Sense (KR26)||40,000 miles|
|For Light Truck Tires
|Eco Solus KL21||60,000 miles|
|Road Venture APT (P-metric and iso metric sizes only)||60,000 miles|
|Road Venture SAT (P-metric only)||60,000 miles|
1. If tread has worn down to the tread wear indicators (2/32nds tread depth) within 72 months from the date of purchase (or manufacture), or does not deliver the warranted miles of normal passenger use, whichever comes first, Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. will make an allowance for unused service toward a comparable new tire, pro-rated on warranted miles.
2. The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted miles not received, multiplied to the predetermined adjustment price of the tire at the time and place of adjustment.
3. For original equipment tires on new vehicles, please see separate warranty in your vehicle's glove box.
ELIGIBILITY FOR LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY
1. To make a claim, the owner must present the original customer copy of Kumho's Mileage Warranty Card (click link), which records the date of purchase, name of purchaser, original mileage and identification of the vehicle to an authorized Kumho dealer.
2. This limited tread wear warranty applies only to the original owner and is non-transferable.
3. The owner shall pay the cost of mounting, balancing and other service charges or taxes.
4. The owner must rotate the tires every 5,000 miles.
5. The following are exclusions to the Limited Tread Wear Warranty:
- Tires branded "NA," "Blem," etc.
- Tires exhibiting uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire).
- Tires worn out or damaged due to improper inflation, improper mounting, uneven wear, overloading or off-road driving, run flat or racing, accident, fire or chemicals, use on RV or commercial vehicle, vandalism or gross abuse, defective mechanical condition of vehicle, road hazard damage (puncture, cut, impact break, etc.) or lack of tire rotation.
- Original equipment tires on new vehicles.
6. For staggered/split fitments (different size tires on the front and rear axles), Kumho Tire will cover half the number of miles of the standard mileage warranty since these tires cannot be rotated as recommended by Kumho.
III. ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION
The following tires ...
- SOLUS KR21
- ECSTA 4X KU22
- ECSTA LE SPORT KU39
- ECSTA LX PLATINUM KU27
- ECSTA ASX KU21
- ECSTA SPT KU31
that have been irreparably damaged due to a normal road hazard condition (e.g., irreparable cut, puncture, snag, bruise or impact break) within the first 2/32” of the original tread depth (O.T.D.) and within 12 months from the date of purchase, will be replaced free of charge with an equivalent Kumho tire. To be eligible, you must present your original invoice showing date of purchase.
IV. NEW ON REAR/ROTATION RECOMMENDATION
1. Replacement of two tires: Kumho Tire recommends replacing all four tires at the same time. However, when only two tires are replaced, the new tires should be put on the rear. The newer tires, with deeper tread, may provide better grip and water evacuation in wet driving conditions.
2. Tire Rotations: Owners must continue to rotate tires in accordance to their vehicle owner's manual or every 5,000 miles. Side-to-side rotation on "new on rear; two-tire replacements" fitments will be acceptable.
V. CASING CREDIT
1. Casing of KUMHO radial commercial truck tires are warranted to remain serviceable through the second retreaded life for 66 months from the date of manufacture.
2. KLS02e, KLD01e, and KLT02e casing warranties are valid through the second retreaded life of 72 months from the date of manufacture.
3. If an examination by KUMHO shows that a casing of a KUMHO radial truck tire delivers unsatisfactory service due to factors within the manufacturer’s control, KUMHO will give a credit toward the purchase price of a comparable new KUMHO tire in the amount indicated in the Casing Credit table.
4. Radial truck tires used in mining service are not eligible under this program.
VI. REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If you receive a replacement tire under this warranty, it will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty and the supplemental limited mileage warranty that Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. then gives on that tire.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GIVEN BY KUMHO APPLICABLE TO KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT TIRES. KUMHO DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
KUMHO DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSONS, INCLUDING AUTHORIZED DEALERS, TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY OR CREATE ANY OTHER OBLIGATION IN CONNECTION WITH KUMHO/MARSHAL TIRES. KUMHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY IF A DEFECT IS FOUND TO EXIST IN A KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT RADIAL TIRE. ALL OTHER REMEDIES ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF KUMHO FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF CAR, LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE) ARISING OUT OF A DEFECT.
THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
PROPERTY DAMAGE, SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS ARE NOT FOLLOWED:
Driving on any underinflated tire is dangerous and may result in sudden tire destruction caused by excessive heat build-up. For replacement tires, your tire retailer should provide you with the proper inflation pressure. Otherwise, follow the air pressure recommendation found within your vehicle's owner manual or tire placard in your vehicle. If your replacement tire size is different from the original equipment tire size, ask your tire retailer for a revised air pressure recommendation guide in order to adequately support your vehicle's GVWR. In case of an improperly repaired tire, it may be unreliable or cause further damage to the tire. A thorough inspection and repair of your tire should be made in accordance with Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) procedures and be serviced by a qualified tire service professional.
Inspect your tires daily. If you notice any damage to your tires or wheels, replace them with a spare and immediately visit any tire retailer for advice. Driving over potholes, curbs, wood debris, metal, etc., can damage a tire and should be safely avoided. Contact with such hazards requires an immediate and thorough tire inspection by your tire retailer.
Failure to store tires in accordance with the following recommendations may result in damage to your tires, reduction in tire durability, or sudden tire failure:
Do not overload your tires. Driving on any overloaded tire is extremely dangerous and may result in an accident causing property damage, serious personal injury or death.