Replacement Equipment Warranty Policies
Kumho Consumer Warranty for Passenger and Light Truck Tires
Kumho and Marshal Brand Limited Warranty
Congratulations! You have just purchased high quality tires from Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. This limited warranty covers the KUMHO and Marshal brand of passenger and light truck tires.
I. WHAT IS WARRANTED AND WHO IS ELIGIBLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc, 133 Peachtree Street, NE Suite 2800 Atlanta, GA 30303, warrants to the original consumer purchaser that all KUMHO replacement radial tires either directly or through an authorized KUMHO dealer, and which are mounted on cars within the U.S.A., and becomes unserviceable for any reason within the manufacturers control, such tire will be replaced with an equivalent KUMHO tire.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY AND HOW LONG:
Should any tire manufactured by Kumho Tire Co., Inc. covered by this warranty become unserviceable due to a material or workmanship condition during its useable tread life (more than 2/32" remaining tread) before 6 years from the date of manufacture or purchase date supported with proof of purchase for every passenger and light truck tire (whichever comes first), and before 5 years (6 years for KLS02e, KLD01e, and KLT02e patterns) from the date of manufacture or purchase date for commercial truck tires (whichever comes first), KUMHO will do either of the following:
- During the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such tire with a comparable new KUMHO or Marshal tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
- After the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, a credit percentage will be given toward the purchase price of a comparable new Kumho or Marshal tire effective at the time of adjustment. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing service are payable by the owner.
To obtain the credit percentage, please refer to Adjustment Credit Percentage Table or utilize the following example:
- R.T.D.: Remaining Tread Depth
- O.T.D.: Original Tread Depth
If R.T.D. = 5 and O.T.D. = 10, the calculation is (5 – 2 : remaining usable tread depth) ÷ (10 – 2 : original useable tread depth) = 38%
During the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such temporary tire with a comparable new Kumho temporary tire free of charge. After the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, but less than 2/32", a credit of 50% towards a comparable new Kumho temporary tire will be given. Applicable taxes and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
The authorized KUMHO or Marshal dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current KUMHO or Marshal dealer’s price list in effect at the time of adjustment.
What is not covered by the Warranty:
- This limited warranty is applicable only in the United States, and any tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside the U.S. are not covered by this warranty.
- Tires branded or marked "Non-Adjustable" (NA) or Blemished (Blem) or DOT/Serial numbers previously cut will not be adjusted.
- Any tire worn beyond the wear bars (less than 2/32" remaining tread).
- The cost of applicable taxes and mounting and balancing and any other service charges.
Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
- Road hazard, including puncture, cut, impact break, bulge, snag, stone drill, collision.
- Continued use while run flat or under acute under-inflation.
- Improper use or operation, without limitation, improper inflation pressure, overloading, use of an improper rim, tire/wheel assembly imbalance or other vehicle condition, worn suspension components, improper mounting or de-mounting, misuse, misapplication, fire or other externally generated heat, water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting, tire alteration, racing or competition purposes, improper inserting of sealant, balance or filler materials.
- Improper repair, or with repairs not conforming to the Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only.
- Failure to rotate the tire at least every 5,000 miles as evidenced by Kumho’s Mileage Warranty/Tire Rotation Card, or vehicle misalignment.
- Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment, (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire).
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years from the date of manufacture.
- Tires that have been recapped, or retreaded, regrooved.
- Ride disturbance (out-of-round, vibration, pulling, etc.) claims submitted after the first 2/32" of tread wear.
- Loss of time, or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damage.
- Tires that have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change its appearance.
- Tires unserviceability caused by the tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers specifications and recommendations.
- Tires that are misapplied due to insufficient speed rating, or undersized, or oversized tires.
- Tires that have become unserviceable because chemical corrosion, vandalism, chains and flat spotting.
- Tires involved in any racing-related activities.
- This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
In order to be eligible for KUMHO’s limited warranty program, the owner must:
- Conform to all pertaining policies detailed herein
- Present tire to any authorized KUMHO dealer for inspection along with a copy of their original purchase receipt. Dealer will inspect tire in order to identify whether or not it qualifies for warranty based on the policies detailed herein.
- Pay the amounts due on a new tire, less the amount of credit, including taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services ordered.
To locate an authorized KUMHO/Marshal dealer, use our web address
WWW.KUMHOTIREUSA.COM/DEALER or call (800) HI-KUMHO(445-8646).
This limited warranty gives the owner of KUMHO tires specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
II. LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY
|FOR PASSENGER RADIAL TIRES:
|Ecsta LX Platinum (KU27)||60,000 MILES|
|Solus TA71||60,000 MILES (Available 3rd Quarter 2015)|
|Ecsta 4X II (KU22-II)||40,000 MILES|
|Ecsta PA31||50,000 MILES|
|Solus TA31||60,000 MILES|
|Solus KH16||60,000 MILES|
|Solus KR21||85,000 MILES|
|Solus TA11||75,000 MILES (Available 3rd Quarter 2015)|
|Sense KR26||40,000 MILES|
|For Light Truck Tires
|Eco Solus KL21||60,000 MILES|
|Crugen Premium KL33||60,000 MILES|
|Road Venture AT51||
55,000 MILES (P-Metric Only) (Available 3rd Quarter 2015)
Neither Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., nor any other tire manufacturer, can guarantee you’ll receive a certain number of miles from any given tire. Driving habits, driving conditions, road conditions and vehicle maintenance all play a vital role in the tread life of a tire. However, if a tire does not reach the warranted mileage, and the original owner of the tires has complied with the terms and conditions of the Limited Tread Wear Warranty, KUMHO will replace the tires as follows:
- If tread has worn down to the tread wear indicators (2/32nds tread depth) within 72 months from the date of purchase (or manufacturer) or does not deliver the warranted miles of normal passenger use, whichever comes first, Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. will make an allowance for unused service towards a comparable new tire, pro-rated on warranted miles.
- The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted miles not received multiplied to the predetermined adjustment price of the tire at the time and place of the adjustment.
- For original equipment tires on new vehicles, please reference separate warranty brochure in your vehicle’s glove box.
ELIGIBILITY FOR LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY:
- To make a claim, the owner must present the original customer copy of KUMHO’s Mileage Warranty Card (click link), which records the date of purchase, name of purchaser, original mileage and identification of the vehicle to an authorized KUMHO dealer.
- This limited tread wear warranty applies only to the original owner and is non-transferable.
- Applicable taxes and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
- The owner must rotate the tires every 5,000 miles.
- The following are exclusions to the Limited Tread Wear Warranty:
- Tires branded "NA", "Blem", etc.
- Tires exhibiting uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment, (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire).
- Tires worn-out or damaged due to: Improper inflation, improper mounting, uneven wear, overloading or off-road driving, run flat or racing, accident, fire or chemicals, use on RV or commercial vehicle, vandalism or gross abuse, defective mechanical condition of vehicle, road hazard damage (e.g., irreparable cut, puncture, snag, bruise or impact break) and lack of tire rotation.
- Original equipment tires on new vehicles.
- For staggered/split fitment applications (different size tires on the front and rear axles), Kumho Tire will cover half the number of miles of the standard mileage warranty since these tires cannot be rotated as recommended by Kumho.
III. ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION
Every Ecsta LE Sport (KU39), Ecsta SPT (KU31), Ecsta LX Platinum (KU27), Ecsta 4X II (KU22-II), Solus TA31, Solus KR21, Solus TA11 (Available 3rd Quarter 2015) steel belted radial passenger tire that has been irreparably damaged due to a normal road hazard conditions (e.g., irreparable cut, puncture, snag, bruise or impact break) within the first 2/32" of the original tread depth (O.T.D.) and within 12 months from the date of purchase, will be replaced free of charge with an equivalent KUMHO tire. To be eligible, you must present your original invoice showing date of purchase. Tires not within 2/32" of the O.T.D. will not be issued a pro-rated credit. Tires that reflect damage due to continued run flat or acute under-inflation are excluded.
IV. 30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED TRIAL WARRANTY
Kumho Tire’s 30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Trial Warranty covers a complete set of four (4) Road Venture AT51 and Solus TA71 tires. If for whatever reason you aren’t completely satisfied with your eligible tires, simply return them to the dealer where they were purchased for replacement.
Limitations and Requirements:
- This trial warranty only applies to the original purchaser of a set of four eligible (4) tires returned within 30 days from the date of purchase and is non-transferable; any return of less than a full set of tires will not be accepted. Original purchaser must present their original sales receipt/invoice to their selling dealer at the time of replacement.
- Tires must be returned undamaged. Tires exhibiting road hazard, mounting damage, vehicle mechanical-related problems, repairs, improper inflation, vandalism, run flat, racing or any tires removed from the original vehicle are excluded from this trial warranty.
- Original purchaser pays the amounts due on a new replacement tire, less the amount of credit, including applicable taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services ordered.
- Tires measuring more than 1/32" of tread wear from original tread depth are excluded from trial warranty.
V. NEW ON REAR/ROTATION RECOMMENDATION
- Replacement of two tires: Kumho Tire recommends replacing all four tires at the same time. However, when only two tires are replaced, the new tires should be put on the rear. The newer tires, with deeper tread, may provide better grip and water evacuation in wet driving conditions.
- Tire Rotations: Owners must continue to rotate tires in accordance to their vehicle owner's manual or every 5,000 miles. Side-to-side rotation on "new on rear; two-tire replacements" fitments will be acceptable.
VI. CASING CREDIT
- Casing of KUMHO radial commercial truck tires are warranted to remain serviceable through the second retreaded life for 66 months from the date of manufacture.
- KLS02e, KLD01e, and KLT02e casing warranty is valid through the second retreaded life for 72 months from the date of manufacture.
- If an examination by KUMHO shows that a casing of a KUMHO radial truck tire delivers unsatisfactory service due to factors within the manufacturer’s control, KUMHO will give a credit toward the purchase price of a comparable new KUMHO tire in the amount indicated in the Casing Credit table.
- Radial truck tires used in mining service are not eligible under this program.
VII. REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If you receive a replacement tire under this warranty, it will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and the supplemental limited mileage warranty that Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., than gives on that tire.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GIVEN BY KUMHO APPLICABLE TO KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT TIRES. KUMHO DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
KUMHO DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSONS, INCLUDING AUTHORIZED DEALERS TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY OR CREATE ANY OTHER OBLIGATION IN CONNECTION WITH KUMHO/MARSHAL TIRES. KUMHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY IF A DEFECT IS FOUND TO EXIST IN A KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT RADIAL TIRE. ALL OTHER REMEDIES ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF KUMHO FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF CAR. LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE) ARISING OUT OF A DEFECT.
THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Property damage, serious personal injury or death may result if any of the following safety precautions/recommendations are not followed:
Driving on any underinflated tire is dangerous and may result in sudden tire destruction caused by excessive heat build-up. For replacement tires, your tire retailer should provide you with the proper inflation pressure. Otherwise, follow the air pressure recommendation found within your vehicle's owner manual or tire placard in your vehicle. If your replacement tire size is different from the original equipment tire size, ask your tire retailer for a revised air pressure recommendation guide in order to adequately support your vehicle's GVWR.
- Check the cold inflation pressure in all of your tires, including the spare tire, at least once every week and always prior to long distance trips. Failure to maintain the proper air inflation pressure may result in improper vehicle handling, and may cause rapid and irregular tire wear, reduction in tire durability, loss of vehicle control, or sudden tire failure that may lead to property damage, serious personal injury or death.
- Use an accurate tire gauge to check tire air pressures. Always maintain the proper recommended air inflation pressure in all tires. If there is an indication that one of your tires has lost four or more pounds of air pressure, immediately look for signs of penetration through the tire, valve leaks or wheel damage that may account for the air loss. You should also have your tires inspected by a tire retailer immediately.
- Air pressure should be checked when tires are cold (before they have been driven), ideally in the early morning. Driving, regardless of distance, causes tires to heat up and simultaneously increase air pressure.
- Never exceed the maximum inflation pressure for the tire.
- Never bleed air from hot tires as this may result in underinflation.
Inspect your tires daily. If you notice any damage to your tires or wheels, replace them with a spare and immediately visit any tire retailer for advice. Driving over potholes, curbs, wood debris, metal, etc., can damage a tire and should be safely avoided. Contact with such hazards requires an immediate and thorough tire inspection by your tire retailer.
- Always examine your tires for penetrations, bulges, cracks, cuts, and abnormal wear — particularly at the tire edges — which may be caused by, for example, vehicle misalignment or tire underinflation. Failure to properly control a vehicle when one or more tires are underinflated may result in an accident. Use of a damaged tire may result in rapid air loss, including sudden tire failure.
- An explosion of the tire/rim assembly may occur due to improper mounting. Only specially trained persons should mount tires.
Failure to store tires in accordance with the following recommendations may result in damage to your tires, reduction in tire durability, or sudden tire failure:
- Tires should always be stored in a cool, dry, clean, indoor environment. Tires contain waxes and emollients to protect their outer surfaces from ozone and weather cracking. As the tire rolls and flexes, the waxes and emollients continually migrate to the tire’s surface, replenishing this protection throughout the normal and proper use of the tire. However, when tires sit outdoors and are unused for an extended period of time, the tire surface becomes dry, the tire may be susceptible to ozone and weather cracking, and the casing becomes susceptible to flat spotting.
- Surfaces on which tires are stored must be free from grease, gasoline, and other substances that could deteriorate the rubber.
- You should have a qualified technician check all tires when the Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. warranty policy period has lapsed , even if damage is not obvious.
Do not overload your tires. Driving on any overloaded tire is extremely dangerous and may result in an accident causing property damage, serious personal injury or death.
- The maximum load rating marked on the sidewall of any tire is based on the maximum speed of operation. Tires that are loaded beyond their maximum allowable loads for a particular application will generate increased and excessive heat that may cause sudden tire failure leading to property damage, serious personal injury or death.
consumer limited warranty for original equipment passenger & Light Truck Tires Including Temporary Tires
I. WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG
Kumho warrants that a tire manufactured by Kumho and/or equipped originally on the vehicle is free from defects in materials and/or workmanship in normal use for the life of the original usable tread. The life of the original usable tread ends when the tire tread has been worn down with only 2/32” (1.6 mm) remaining, at which point the tire is considered to be fully worn out.
PASSENGER AND LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
If a Kumho Radial Passenger or Light Truck tire fails as a result of defect in materials and/or workmanship within the first 2/32” of the original tread depth, the tire will be replaced with a new, comparable Kumho tire at no charge including mounting and balancing charges.
A tire not qualifying for free replacement will be given a credit toward the purchase of a new, comparable Kumho tire based upon the amount of tread actually worn. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges or applicable taxes should be paid by the user. Otherwise adjustment for compensation will be made on a pro-rata basis calculated by multiplying the actual current dealer selling price by the percentage of remaining usable tread depth.
Kumho TEMPORARY TIRE
- A Temporary Tire weighs less and provides more trunk storage space than a conventional tire. To conserve tire tread life, the temporary tire should be returned to the trunk as soon as it is convenient to have your standard tire repaired or replaced.
- If a Kumho Temporary Tire fails as a result of defect in materials and/or workmanship during the first 50% of usable tread wear, the tire will be replaced with a new, comparable tire at no charge including mounting and balancing charges. No adjustment will be made for tires that are worn more than 50%.
II. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
- Irregular wear or tire damage due to:
- Road hazards such as punctures, cuts, snags, scuffs, carcass bruised or impact breaks.
- Fire, wreck, vandalism or collision.
- Improper inflation, overloading, high-speed spinning, improper mounting or demounting, running flat, off-road use, racing, vandalism, willful damage or abuse.
- Misalignment, wheel imbalance, defective brakes or shock absorbers, or use of tire chains.
- Any tire which has failed as a result of adding material (e.g., tire fillers, sealant, or balancing substances).
- Tire fitted to anything other than the original vehicle.
- Tire worn beyond tread wear indicator (2/32” or 1.6 mm tread remaining).
- Tire presented by other than the actual owner-user.
- Tire branded “NA” (meaning non-adjustable) or “blem” (meaning blemished).
- Loss of time inconvenience, loss of use of the vehicle or consequential damage.
- Ride disturbance after free-replacement conditions.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years from the date of manufacture.
- No Flat Spot Warranty for Original tires.
- No Mileage Warranty for Original tires.
- This limited warranty applies only to the original vehicle owner and is non-transferable.
- No Kumho Tire employee, retailer or dealer has the authority to make any warranty, representation, promise or agreement on behalf of Kumho Tire except as stated in this policy.
- Tires used in racing-related activities or competitive events are not covered by this warranty.
- Limitation of remedy: To the extent permitted by law, Kumho disclaims liability for all consequential and incidental damages. Some provinces and states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have rights which vary from province to province in Canada, and from state to state in the United States.
III. Kumho OBLIGATIONS
Replacement tires qualifying under this warranty will be made by a participating Kumho Dealer or a participating Car Dealer.
IV. OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
- Conform to all pertaining policies detailed herein.
- Present tire to any authorized Kumho dealer or a participating Car Dealer along with proof indicating you are the original vehicle owner. Respective dealer will inspect tire in order to identify whether or not it qualifies for warranty based on the policies detailed herein.
- To locate an authorized Kumho dealer, use our web address www.KumhoTireUSA.com/Dealer or call 1-800-HI-KUMHO (445-8646).
WARNING FOR YOUR SAFETY
TIRE DEMOUNTING AND MOUNTING
Improper tire mounting and inflation procedures may cause tire beads to break with explosive force during installation of the tire on the rim, causing personal injury and property damage. Follow the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) installation and safety procedure for mounting and inflating tires. Tire and rim must match in size. Rim parts must match in size. Rim parts must match by manufacturer’s design. Clean rim. Lubricate rim and beads. Do not exceed the maximum recommended pressure to seat beads on rim. Use remote control inflation equipment and inflation cage.
Note: Never inflate over 40 psi to seat beads. Mount radial-ply tires only on rims designated by wheel manufacturer as suitable for radial tires. Only specially trained persons shall mount tires.
- AIR PRESSURE
Check the pressure in your tires, including your spare, at least monthly, and always before and during extended driving, when tires are cold (at least 3 hours after the vehicle has been stopped and before it is driven more than 1 mile/1.6 km). Do not reduce pressure when tires are hot: use an accurate air pressure gauge to check pressure and maintain it at the level recommended on the vehicle tire placard or in the owner's manual. Underinflation produces extreme flexing of sidewalls and builds up heat to the point that premature tire failure may occur. Overinflation can cause the tires to be more susceptible to impact damage. Cold tire pressures, however, should never be higher than the limit molded on the sidewall.
Never exceed the load-carrying limits molded onto the sidewall of your tires or the maximum vehicle load limit as shown on the vehicle tire placard, whichever is less. Overloading builds up excessive heat in the tire and leads to early and/or sudden failure.
Avoid running over objects (e.g., chuckholes, rocks, curbs, metal, glass, etc.) which may possibly cause internal tire damage. Continued use of a tire that has suffered internal damage, which may not be externally visible, can lead to dangerous tire failure. Determination of suspected internal damage requires demounting the tire from its rim and examination by trained personnel.
Never drive on worn tires. Tires should be replaced by trained personnel when 2/32” (1.6 mm) of remaining tread depth, as indicated by tread wear indicators molded into the tread grooves. Use of worn-out tires (less than 2/32” remaining tread depth) increases the possibility of tire failure. In most states, it is illegal to drive with less than 2/32” of remaining tread depth.
Operating your vehicle in excess of lawful speed limits or the maximum speeds justified by driving conditions can be dangerous. Excessive speed creates heat buildup in a tire, leading to possible tire failure.
Speed-rated tires are identified by letters P, Q, S, T, H, V, W or Z as either part of the size designation (e.g., HR) or part of the service description adjacent to the size designation (e.g., 94H) and indicate the maximum speed capability of the tire when properly loaded and inflated. However, even when properly loaded and inflated, driving for prolonged periods at high speeds can cause tire damage and possible tire failure which could lead to an accident. Original equipment speed-rated tires must be replaced with tires of the same or higher speed rating if the speed capability of the vehicle is to be maintained. Consult your Kumho dealer for the tires best suited to your vehicle driving habits. Repair of speed-rated tires must be done in accordance with RMA repair procedures and is limited to one 1/3 diameter repair in the tread area.
Rotate your tires for longer tire life. Front and rear tires perform different jobs and wear differently. Consult your vehicle owner's manual for mileage recommendations and rotation patterns.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY INFORMATION FOR TEMPORARY TIRE
Check inflation pressure as soon as possible after installation and inflate to 60 psi. The tire pressure should be checked monthly and maintained at 60 psi while the tire is stored or in service.
The temporary spare tire was specifically designed for your car and should not be used on any other vehicle.
The temporary spare tire should not be used with other wheels, nor should standard tires, snow tires, wheel covers, or trim rings be used with the temporary spare wheel. If such use is attempted, damage to these items or other vehicle components may occur.
- Air pressure